Friday, August 15, 2008

Finally in South America

Buenos Dias,

We survived the layover from hell and are finally in South America. Holy culture shock. The scene after the baggage claim, when you go to find your taxi, was almost exactly similar to that of a trading flloor, with hundreds of taxi drivers crawling all over each other and waving pads with names on them and shouting at you. Joining the chorus were random onlookers up in the rafters belting out different chants...wow, we are not in Kansas anymore. Anywy, with a couple of hours of sleep under our belt, we are now ready to tackle the Miraflores neighborhood of Lima. Check back later to see Lindsay list of the Top Ten things she will miss.

-Conor (i´ll promise to make these posts shorter and sweeter in the future, at Lindsays urging)

3 comments:

Christine said...

Glad you arrived safe and sound--we love hearing the details. I say more, not less!!

LOVE,

MamaBear

Christine said...

As I talked to people today about my daring son and his fiancee, I was able to take your 56 second, 2:25 am phone call and elaborate it into an exaggerated harrowing account of your dashing, in a rickety beaten-up 1967 Mercedes taxi, through the rain-puddled,perilous and pernicious alleyways of Lima. I hope I was exaggerating. Uncle Rob said you are now in his prayers. I can't wait for your next blog. Maybe I will get a "B" novel( or "D") out of this. Love, Dadman

Anonymous said...

Conor y Lindsay,
Buenos Dias. Ahora, que estais en Peru, yo voy escribir solamente in espanol.

Just kidding, sounds like the adventures started right out of the gate. I can only imagine that they will get even better.

Love,
Juan (Shaun)